Those interested in the Glenville development will want to take note of two meetings taking place tomorrow (Wednesday 24th April).
Cllr Barry Saul has sent us the following email in response to issues raised at his recent public meeting. He also reminds us of a meeting taking place in Dundrum council offices at 5 p.m. tomorrow.
Additionally, Cllr Deirdre Donnelly has arranged a follow up meeting in Monk Gibbon Hall at 7.30 p.m.
From: Cllr Barry Saul
Date: 23 April 2019 at 09:09:01 IST
Subject: Glenville Meeting Feedback
Following on from our 2 meetings on Glenville a reminder of a number of points.
- Deadline is April 29th 2019
- There is a meeting taking place in Dundrum council offices where this plan will be discussed. Please email if you would like to attend. (5pm tomorrow)
- Link to refusal of an application in Cork as mentioned in meeting.
- Link to the UCD application which reduced number due to closeness to Roebuck Castle housing
- Density on other local Strategic applications
Chesterfield Cross Avenue Blackrock 70 units / Ha
- St Theresa Blackrock current application 72 units / Ha
Density in Glenville application 203 units/ha.
A number of key points were made.
- This is an infill development
- Density of 203 units/Ha is excessive compared to local schemes
- Potential flooding issues
- Height, bulk scale, mass
- Not objecting to development but the size and scale
- No transitions from Bungalow to 5 story development
- Completely out of step with the surrounding areas.
I might see some of you tomorrow night but if there is anything else drop me an email or call @ 0879115043