The Planning Sub-Committee of MMRA reviews and takes action on relevant planning matters that will affect residents. The planning status of current sites that may have significant impact in Mount Merrion is summarised below. It should be noted that a typical Planning Permission lapses after a period of five years from the date of Final Grant unless the approved development is substantially completed at that time.
Construction complete. Reinstatement of public verges STILL awaiting final site visits by Irish Water and ESB.
Construction is ongoing on Flanagans site.
- The Developer has obtained Planning Permission D15A/0121E to extend the time for completion to 13/01/2023 on the basis of covid restrictions and shutdowns.
- Recent Planning Application D21A/0202 for reduced car parking was refused by DLRCC 29/04/2021.
- The Developer have appealed that decision to An Bord Pleanála ABP-310336-21. MMRA and others have made observations to ABP before the due date of 24/06/2021. Decision awaited from ABP.
3. Site at Oatlands Monastery (to rear of Oatlands College and at No. 2 Cherrygarth)
- The Developer commenced site clearance in mid-June 2021 on foot of the Planning Permission D16A/0465 and obtained approval from DLRCC for his Construction Management Plan (C.M.P.) on 26/08/21.
- MMRA considers the CMP to be inadequate and is continuing to raise these concerns with DLRCC. On site, the Developer has engaged with MMRA and will provide advance warnings of specific future works that may impact residents.
- The Developer has on 24/08/2021, lodged a Planning Application D21A/0753 to seek approval to re-route the foul and surface drainage southwards towards Woodlands Ave. and the Old Dublin Road, i.e., away from the previously approved routes through Cherrygarth. Decision by DLR 18/10/21 to Refuse Permission.
Construction proceeding onsite on foot of original Planning Permissions:
- An Bord Pleanála PD06D.300244 – for 42 Units; and
- more recent Planning Permission, An Bord Pleanála ABP-308150-20 which permitted the increase to 54 Units.
- On 22/04/2021 DLRCC refused Planning Permission D21A/0161 for an additional 10 dwelling units. The Developer has appealed this decision to An Bord Pleanála ABP-309931-21. MMRA (and others) lodged observations with A B P before the due date of 14-06-2021.
- A B P has advised MMRA that A B P intends to determine Appeal before 12/11/2021.
- The construction of the new foul drain down Cherrygarth to the Kilmacud Road is substantially complete. The construction of the new surface water drains in the eastern internal road of Cherrygarth is now progressing and is expected to be complete by the end of October.
- 24, 26 and 28 Fosters Avenue
The current site owner has lodged two Planning Applications:
- On 04/11/2020 DLRCC granted Planning Permission D20A/0406 for Demolition with 12 conditions. Appeals by MMRA and others were lodged with An Bord Pleanála. Decision awaited.
- On 18/03/2021 DLRCC granted Planning Permission D20A/0670 for 68 apartments with 39 conditions. A total of 13 third parties including MMRA appealed the decision to An Bord Pleanála and the Applicant also appealed 3 conditions. An Bord Pleanála offered qualifying appellants 3rd party applicants a further opportunity to comment before 10/05/2121.
The Developer has submitted to An Bord Pleanála his response to 3rd party appellants. MMRA (and others) made observations to A B P before the due date of 16-06-2021. Decision awaited from A B P.
A B P has advised MMRA that A B P intends to determine Appeal before 08/12/2021.
Planning Application D21A/0571 was lodged on 18/06/2021 for 4 new 3-storey dwellings on the above site. On 11/08/2021 DLRCC sought further information. To-date, a response by the Applicant is still awaited.
7. General Planning:
Recent Government statements indicate that the current planning process may be changed. Residents should maintain contacts with local (or other) public representatives to ensure that any such changes will be beneficial and positive for the community.
MMRA are awaiting further update from DLRCC and their Consultants on the Active School Travel Proposal following recent site meetings that DLRCC have had with other relevant parties.
MMRA lodged Observations to DLRCC in respect of the DLRCC Draft Development Plan 2022 – 2028 before the closing date of 16/04/2021. DLRCC is now assessing all submissions and are preparing the final Draft of the Plan for approval by Councillors. Click here to see virtual-tour
Residents should note that the final approval of the Development Plan remains a statutory function of Councillors. Hence, concerned residents should engage with their local Councillors.