COVID-19 – Community Information, News and Resources
MMRA were delighted to help this much loved local café secure additional outdoor space for customers. Thanks to dlr Street Furniture and Josepha Madgian TD for helping make this happen.read more
Include personal check-ins for the elderly and vulnerable, and free delivery of all card and letter mail posted to and from residents of Nursing and Care homes.read more
Guidelines on how to safely manage your waste and dispose of single use items like masks and gloves.read more
Garda John O’Shea has asked that residents contact Blackrock station directly on 01 666 5200 regarding incidents of anti-social behaviour or breaches in relation to Covid. Then Gardai can deal with the matter there and then.read more
Covid-19: Neighbours Helping Neighbours
The MMRA would like to extend an offer of help to any elderly or those who may have their immunity compromised. Many residents have come forward to offer help and are very happy to run errands that might leave you in a vulnerable position over the coming weeks. If you would like to avail of this offer please email us at email@example.com and we will put you in touch. Alternatively please text Nicola Heather on 087 639 5392.
Neighbourhood Watch Road Admin Contacts:
- Cedarmount Road: Kate Wren
- Cherry Garth: Tom Fahey
- Clonmore Road: Ruth Thornton
- Cypress Road: Maggie Burns
- Deerpark Road: Aidan Moriarty
- Foster Avenue & Mount Anville Road: Rosie Dawson
- Glenabbey Road: Nicole MacDermott
- Greenfield Road: Margaret O’Boyle
- Greygates: Rosaleen Scanlan
- Iris Grove: Susan O’Dea
- Mather Road: Josh Grogan
- Redesdale Road: Eimear Cahalin
- Roebuck Avenue: Alex Nolan
- South Avenue: Nicola Heather
- Sycamore Road, Avenue & Crescent: Linda Murray
- The Close: Orla Griffin
- The Rise: Ms Liston
- Trees Avenue: Eleanor Galvin
- Thornhill Road: Nicola Heather
- Trees Road: Nicola Heather
- Wilson Road & Wilson Crescent: David Collins
The following roads do not yet have a Neighbourhood Watch Text Alert group. If you would like to volunteer to be the contact for your road, or if there is an existing group in place, please let us know so we can put interested residents in touch.
- Callary Road
- Chestnut Road
- Lower Kilmacud Road
- North Avenue
- Owenstown Park
- St Thomas Road & St Thomas Mead
- The Fosters
Please find below current trading hours for local businesses and services in Mount Merrion, including special order and delivery services available for those cocooning at home. The listing includes contact numbers for local pharmacies, supermarket and food outlets, takeaways, order and collect services, dry cleaning and ironing services, An Post and Church Services. Please note these are subject to change at short notice.
Click on Link to View Listing:
MM-BUSINESS-HOURS-PRINTOUT.pdf – Updated May 5th
The entire county of Dublin has been placed on Level 3 of the Framework for Restrictive Measures, effective from Friday September 18th until Friday 9 October.
- Level 3 Restrictions: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/cf1f3-special-measures-in-place-for-dublin/
- Level 3 Graphic overview: Covid-19 Risk Level 3 Dublin Restrictions
National Framework for living with Covid 19 – Graphic Overview 5 Level Framework
The Deerpark is reserved every afternoon from 1.30pm to 3.30pm for cocooners and the medically vulnerable to exercise safely.
Social Distance – Each One of us Can Make A Difference
(Source: Covid-19 Health Communications Stakeholder Support Group 21/3/20)
The latest public health advice is available at the following links and is updated on a regular basis:
- 5km from Home – Map the boundaries of 5km from your home
An Post Community Services
- An Post Covid-19 Information Hub – https://www.anpost.com/Help-Support/Covid-19
- Free Postage to Nursing and Care Homes – free delivery of all card and letter mail to and from residents
- Personal check-ins for the elderly and vulnerable – Request-a-Check-In
- An Post community services https://www.anpost.com/Community
Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Public Private Partnership – Covid-19 Looking After Your Community – links for support of elderly and vulnerable, Mental Health supports and services during COVID, Children and Young People under 18 years, and Domestic Violence.
Local Enterprise Business Continuity Voucher – This is designed for businesses across every sector that employ up to 50 people. The voucher is worth up to €2,500 in third party consultancy costs and can be used by companies and sole traders to develop short-term and long-term strategies to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Covid-19 Care & Inform Hub includes a range of information resources and videos focusing on the themes of grief, funerals in exceptional times, planning ahead and a suite of resources for healthcare professionals.
The Dementia – Understand together campaign offer the following online activities and resources
- Age & Opportunity To help during the pandemic, Age & Opportunity developed a range of resources on building resilience, keeping active and getting creative https://ageandopportunity.ie/covid
- Alzheimer Society of Ireland’s National Helpline 1800 341 341
New free call-back service which offers people with dementia and family carers from anywhere in Ireland the opportunity to book a 1:1 session with a Dementia Nurse or a Dementia Adviser during the COVID-19 public health emergency. People with dementia and their family carers who want to avail of this new service can contact the National Helpline to make an appointment which is open six days a week Monday to Friday 10am–5pm and Saturday 10am–4pm on 1800 341 341