Subscribe for regular news updates
About Your Association…
Since the inception of Mount Merrion Residents Association in 1935 we have worked to maintain and enhance the quality of life in our community. We are very proud of Mount Merrion and our Executive Committee and volunteers work on behalf of residents to ensure that the area continues as a beautiful and safe place to live.
What does MMRA do for our area?
The Executive Committee are a team of volunteers who give their time to ensure that our area continues to be a safe and pleasant place to live. The Committee meet once per month in the Mount Merrion Community Centre.
The Association is involved in all aspects of community enhancement, including:
– Planning: To ensure development in our area is in keeping with the architectural landscape
– Public Transport: To ensure Mount Merrion continues to be served by bus. We have been successful in ensuring a partial restoration of Route 47 services to Mount Merrion, and encourage residents to make use of the service where possible.
– Environment: To ensure our Parks, Footways and area generally is kept neat, litter free and fit for purpose. We organise regular ‘Clean Up’ days where we encourage residents to give a half hour of their time to help make Mount Merrion beautiful!
– Security: Monitoring crime levels in our area, to advise residents of risks and crime trends therein and liaison with local Gardai.
– Communication: Keeping Residents informed on local issues by means of Newsletter, Website and Email.
– Road Safety: To conduct analysis of traffic trends in Mount Merrion and liaise with Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council in relation to further measures to improve road safety in the area.
Your support, by means of annual subscription, provides the funding for the Mount Merrion Residents Association to operate. If you are not already a member, please consider joining. Subscription is €20 per annum per household or €10 for OAP households. Membership is open to all Households (including Apartments and residential shops) in the Mount Merrion Estate as defined by the MMRA Rules and Constitution. Membership allows residents to influence the direction of the association, and ultimately positively benefit our area.
We are always seeking new association members and candidates for our Executive Committee. If you would like to get involved, please email us at email@example.com or through the Contact Us page on this Website.
What does Mount Merrion Residents Association do for you?
Joining the association allows you to have a voice in the direction of YOUR residents association and have a positive influence on the enhancement of your community. Your Subscription Fees are invested into the improvement of facilities, flora & fauna, and services in the area. Over the last year the association has invested in a number of local projects, including:
- Setting up of Mount Merrion Residents Association Website
- Provision of SMS Text Messaging Service to alert members of important issues in the area
- Flower Planting on The Rise, North Avenue, Deer Park and Trees Road
- Re instatement of Trees on Sycamore Avenue
This work is in addition to the ongoing services of the association, which include:
- Quarterly Newsletter to every home in Mount Merrion
- Provision of equipment including pickers and bags for ‘Clean Up’ days
- Administration costs from engaging with local authorities and bodies on behalf of residents
- And many other projects and initiatives…
We are Stronger Together: We Need YOUR Support!
Without the membership of residents there would be no Mount Merrion Residents Association. This year we are hoping to increase our membership numbers to give the association a louder voice and improve facilities for the area. For residents who are not presently members, we would ask you to consider joining the association. The benefits of your coming on board are now outlined:
Benefits of Membership…
- Reputation: We are the oldest Residents Association in the country with strong brand and excellent reputation.
- Security: A strong Residents Association can send out the signal that this is a community that values security, is vigilant, and maintains a low crime level.
- Representation: MMRA regaulrly lobbies our local councillors and TDs. We are much stronger as a community than as individuals.
- Environment: We have unrivalled environmental facilities (Deerpark, two village centres and many smaller green areas)
These pose a challenge in that left unmaintained, these could quickly turn from a major asset to major liability.
- Pride in Our Locality: Mount Merrion is one of the best places to live in Ireland.
It won’t necessarily always be that way. Without MMRA fighting for the area, its status could decline over time.
- Uniqueness of Mount Merrion: MM is the only area of Ireland where political parties are forbidden from erecting election posters.
- Participate in Your Community, and be Kept Abreast of Developments: Membership of MMRA allows you to contribute to the direction of the association and be kept abreast of developments in the association. The provision of this website was funded by member subscriptions. Your membership subscription will be spent on making YOUR area better.
- We are A-Political: We are not affiliated with any politician or political party nor will we ever be. We are purely motivated to work to ensure that Mount Merrion continues to be a safe, clean, beautiful, peaceful area with excellent community spirit.
Membership Rates 2018
Subscription per Household is €20 per annum or €10 for OAPs. You can pay online through MyEasyPay. Alternatively Cheques are payable to ‘Mount Merrion Residents Association’. If you have not as yet contributed for 2017 please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange to collect payment from you.
Receipts for payment of subscription are available upon request.
Join today! We look forward to meeting you soon…
- Talk Wednesday 17th October 7pm-9pm: A Framework of hope for Dementia in Ireland
- Application: Kilmacud House (refurbishment) (DAC 134/2018)
- Application: Kilmacud House, Upper Kilmacud Road (DAC 133/2018)
- Application Ref: Site (c.0.6ha) at Kilmacud House (Protected Structure), (D17A/0606/C6)
- Application: Kilmacud House, Kilmacud Road Upper (18/8112/7DAY)
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015