Notice of Strategic Housing Development Application to An Bord Pleanála
- Site Notice: http://www.glenville.ie/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Site-Notice-Signed.pdf
- Location: http://www.glenville.ie/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/OS-Ordinance-Survey-Site-Location.pdf
- Documentation: http://www.glenville.ie/documentation/
Foster Stack Limited, intend to apply to An Bord Pleanála for permission for a ‘Build to Rent’ strategic housing development at 24, 26 and 28 Foster’s Avenue, Mount Merrion, Blackrock, Co. Dublin, on a site of c.0.6068 hectares
The development will consist of:-
- Demolition of the existing buildings on site consisting of vacant industrial buildings and a 2-storey residential dwelling ‘Sunnyside’;
- Construction of a part 4-storey and part 5-storey over basement apartment development with a setback at 4th floor;
- The development will have a total of 123 no. residential units, consisting of 53 no. 1-bed units and 70 no. 2-bed units with associated balconies;
- Basement level car parking for 71 no. cars, 10 no. motorcycles and 244 bicycles;
- A further 2 no. car parking spaces will be provided at ground level for visitors and 32 no. additional bicycle spaces will also be provided at ground level (22 no. internally and 10 no. externally);
- Provision of communal facilities including a cinema and laundry facilities in the basement, a lobby, communal amenity area and gym on the ground floor, an amenity room on the fourth floor along with three guest bedrooms located on the second, third and fourth floors;
- Vehicular and pedestrian entrances from Foster’s Avenue;
- Bin stores, landscaping, boundary treatments and all associated site works and services.
The application may be inspected, or purchased at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, during public opening hours at the offices of An Bord Pleanála and Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council. The application may also be inspected online at the following website set up by the applicant: www.glenville.ie
Any person may, within the period of 5 weeks beginning on the date of receipt by An Bord Pleanála of the application and on payment of the prescribed fee of €20 (except for certain prescribed bodies), make a submission or observations in writing to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, relating to the implications of the proposed development, if carried out, for proper planning and sustainable development in the area or areas concerned, and the likely effects on the environment or the likely effects on a European site, as the case may be, of the proposed development, if carried out. Submissions or observations duly made will be considered by An Bord Pleanála in making a decision on the application.
Such submissions or observations must also include the following information:
(a) the name of the person, authority or body making the submission or observations, the name of the person, if any, acting on behalf of that person, authority or body, and the address to which any correspondence relating to the application should be sent,
(b) the subject matter of the submission or observations, and
(c) the reasons, considerations and arguments on which the submission or observations is or are based.
An Bord Pleanála may grant permission for the strategic housing development as proposed, or may grant permission subject to such modifications as it specifies in its decision, or may grant permission in part only, with or without any other modifications it may specify in its decision, or may refuse to grant permission for the proposed development. An Bord Pleanála may attach to a grant of permission such conditions as it considers appropriate.
Any enquiries relating to the application process should be directed to the
Strategic Housing Development Section of An Bord Pleanála (Tel. 01-8588100).
Simon Clear & Associates, 3 Terenure Road West, Terenure, Dublin 6W
Date of erection of site notice: 13th March 2019
6/4/19: Meeting Notice: Councillor Deirdre Donnelly is holding a meeting on Saturday 6th April 2019 at 2.30pm in the Monk Gibbon Hall, St. Thomas’ Church on Foster Avenue regarding the large development of 123 apartments on Foster Avenue.