Notice Update March 31, 2020 – Blackrock-divert-to-dlrcc-for-assistance-requests
Blackrock Garda Station are liaising with local services to provide assistance to elderly and vulnerable people in our community.
To avail of assistance from An Garda Síochána:
- Email Garda District Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject heading “ASSISTANCE REQUEST” in capitals from Monday – Friday office hours 8am – 6pm
- At the weekends please contact Blackrock Garda Station on 01 – 666 5200.
- Anything urgent is a 999 request.
The person who requires assistance will be informed that a member of An Garda Síochána or Volunteer from a local agency will assist.
On receiving a request the following information is required and has to be noted on the email to email@example.com
- Name, address and contact details of person seeking assistance.
- Any medical issues need to be disclosed for example, are they quarantined due to suspect case of Covid – 19. This is for safety reasons for all involved.
- Type of assistance required e.g. prescription delivery, meals on wheels or mercy mission.
An Garda Síochána will also use these opportunities to link identified people into local, national and state services where appropriate.
Any person with concerns for themselves or for a neighbour should contact Blackrock Garda Station as above. As a community at this time we need more than ever to support the most vulnerable in our society, particularly our elderly and isolated. An Garda Síochána has always worked closely with our communities and we will continue to do so in these extraordinary times.
We are proud to be in partnership in this enterprise with the Care & Repair team, Dublin Lions Club and Blackrock Meals and Wheels.