I would ask residents to pay particular attention to consider the following before going on holiday.
- Sometimes post/leaflets sticking out can give the perception that residents are away. A neighbour can simply push the post fully in.
- Lights on timers act as a deterrent.
- A working alarm.
- Inform a trusted neighbour or relative as to your travel arrangements, intended destination and
contact details. A trusted neighbour can keep an eye out on your property.
- Do not unwittingly advertise your travel arrangements to others ( facebook etc).
- Invite neighbours to make use of your driveway for car parking.
- Arrange to have your lawn mowed, particularly when absent for long periods.
- Do not leave valuables in your house.
I hope the above common sense suggestions are of benefit to residents in Mount Merrion.
Garda John O’Shea W93