Residents writing observation letters to An Bord Pleanala might wish to comment on acceptance of good quality residences with a finish that is in harmony/keeping with the surrounding key buildings. Residents are not against development of the site – a reasonable proposal incorporating apartments and similar commercial activity to what is already there would meet with general approval from most residents. We object to this development in terms of its specifics and in particular in relation to the enormous quantity of commercial space that is sought – particularly retail space which draws unsustainable traffic to the area.
Location: Junction of three roads, Traffic. Over 500 meters from the QBC Steep hill
Nature of the development: Scale, mass and colour
Physical impacts: Not sympathetic to the environment, topography or location.
Social: combined with Flanagans it is far too big. A disaster for the community and location.
Economic. ABP removed the retail element from Flanagans. Not needed and will destroy existing social fabric of small local shops.
The likely effects on the environment, children and elderly people.
Public consultation was a sham. The appeal makes great play on the fact that they amended the design after public consultation. They claim there is local support? Give your views on this. There may have been some technical amendments but the issues identified by residents – principally the massive over-provision of retail space was not addressed at all. ABP need to be shown that the public consultation was meaningless.
Write about the likely impacts on you personally:
- Impacts on drainage, water and sewage
- Noise from the Gym, pub café, delivery trucks traffic
- Roads/Traffic. Road system currently overloaded
- Wilson, Deerpark cannot handle current traffic volumes
- Child safety
- Views and vistas
- The problem is with the gross commercial component
- Moderation of criticism but strongly pointing out inaccuracies and alternatives should be encouraged.
- Groups of residents can sign a letter that reflects their feelings.
- Traffic and destruction of road system during construction.