Community Garda John O’Shea’s key tips to help Mount Merrion residents to secure their homes and and belongings this festive season.
Click here for Seasonal Safety Advice Checklist
It’s really important residents use all of their security devices from locks to alarms.
- Secure all Doors and Windows
- Light up your Home – Use timer switches when out.
- Store Keys safely and away from windows & letterboxes
- Record details of Valuables
- Don’t keep large Cash amounts at home
- Use your Alarm, even when at home
Giving your home the sense of life when empty acts as an excellent deterrent.
Park and lock your car in secure, well lit areas
Keep valuables including bags and coats out of your car.
Garda John O’Shea
Phone: 01 666 5200