The MMRA were contacted by the Stillorgan Park Ave Residents Group regarding the proposed development of the Former Blakes and Esmond Motors site, ABP Ref: 300520-17. See email below. Please note deadline for submissions is February 1st.
We write to you in relation to the monolithic proposed development at the Former Blakes and Esmond Motors. As residents of Stillorgan Park Ave we have a very strong interest in this matter. Further we are very concerned in general as to the development of Stillorgan as an entity and the prematurity of this proposal in advance of the new LAP. We are reaching out to other residents groups in the area to strongly urge you to submit an observation to An Bord Pleanala by the deadline of THURS 1st FEB. Our main concerns are outlined below.
Planning application ABP Ref: 300520-17 in respect of a mixed use development comprising of 179 no. student accommodation units (576 no. bed spaces), 103 no. residential apartment units at the Former Blakes and Esmond Motors Site, Lower Kilmacud Road, Stillorgan Road (N11) and The Hill, Stillorgan, Co. Dublin by Cairns Homes Properties Ltd (Applicant).
We are very concerned that the proposal is contrary to the proper planning and sustainable development of the area for the following reasons:
- Principle of Development
- Premature pending adoption of Stillorgan LAP (Draft now on public display)
- Mass, Bulk, Height, Scale
- Adverse impact on residential amenity arising from overshadowing
- Adverse impact on access to sunlight and daylight
- Overbearing visual impact on existing established dwellings
- Flood Risk
- Lack of Permeability / Integration with Local Area
- Potential for significant adverse noise impact arising from traffic noise reflected from surface area of new structures
- Insufficient Internal Amenity for Future Residents
- Potential for Overspill Car Parking in Local Residential Area
- Undesirable Precedent
- Devaluation of Property
If you would like to discuss this matter please contact us by email email@example.com or by phone 087 2647747.
On behalf of Stillorgan Park Ave Residents Group (SPARG)